Social Distortion frontman Mike Ness recently took a break from recording the band’s follow-up to 2004’s Sex, Love and Rock ‘n’ Roll at Hurley Studios in Costa Mesa, Calif., to chat with Hurley.com’s in-house musician/model Davey Warsop. In the clip above, Ness discusses Social D’s progress in the recording studio, his own writing process (“It’s a particularly crazy period in my life right now, so it’s probably going to be a great record”) and how punk has changed over the past 30 years.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: Social Distortion in the studio working on new album
- Social Distortion planning South American tour of Brazil and Argentina in late April
- Video: Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder joins Social Distortion for ‘Ball and Chain’
- Mike Ness takes Social Distortion out for fall tour, plans to record new album
- Video: Social D’s Mike Ness joins Bruce Springsteen for ‘Bad Luck’