After just a year behind the kit, Social Distortion announced Monday that drummer Adam “Atom” Willard — who also plays with blink-182’s Tom DeLonge in Angels & Airwaves — is quitting the long-running L.A. punk act. Willard, who formerly played in Rocket From the Crypt, is leaving “due to many foreseeable scheduling conflicts” with Angels and Airwaves. “Atom will be sorely missed,” Social D’s statement reads, “but we wish him the very best.” The band has not announced a new drummer, and it’s not known who will play on its first-ever South American tour next month.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: Social Distortion’s Mike Ness discusses new album with Davey Warsop
- Video: Social Distortion in the studio working on new album
- Social Distortion planning South American tour of Brazil and Argentina in late April
- Video: Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder joins Social Distortion for ‘Ball and Chain’
- Mike Ness takes Social Distortion out for fall tour, plans to record new album
- Video: Social D’s Mike Ness joins Bruce Springsteen for ‘Bad Luck’