As promised, U2 is set to release a live DVD and Blu-ray of its massive October concert at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif., which was seen by more than 10 million fans in one week during an unprecedented live stream and subsequent replays on YouTube.
Due out June 7, “U2360° at the Rose Bowl” — shot entirely in HD with 27 different cameras before 97,000 fans — will be released in four different DVD and Blu-ray formats, including a 2DVD “super deluxe box set,” which includes a 24-page book, a poster, a replica tour program, a copy of the setlist and a 7-inch vinyl single.
The basic, single-disc DVD edition will feature nearly the entire concert (somewhat bizarrely, the night’s opening song, “Breathe,” off No Line on the Horizon, has been dropped), while the 2DVD deluxe edition and Blu-ray single-disc sets include the “Squaring The Circle: Creating U2360°” documentary, several videos and tour clips — and the cut performance of “Breathe” (see full tracklist below).
As a bonus for Blu-ray buyers, U2 plans to use that format’s Web connectivity to add content to the “Rose Bowl” disc throughout the year: “Video footage from the forthcoming 2010 U.S. and European tour will be continually updated to your player via the BD Live feature on the disc,” according to U2.com.
You can see a preview of “U2360° at the Rose Bowl” here, and while the entire concert was up on YouTube for some time following the Pasadena show, it’s now been removed.
See full ‘U2360° at the Rose Bowl’ tracklist after the jump…
Tracklist: U2, “U2360° at the Rose Bowl”
1. “Get On Your Boots”
3. “Mysterious Ways”
4. “Beautiful Day”
5. “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For”
6. “Stuck In A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of”
7. “No Line on the Horizon”
9. “In A Little While”
10. “Unknown Caller”
11. “Until The End Of The World”
12. “The Unforgettable Fire”
13. “City Of Blinding Lights”
15. “I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight”
16. “Sunday Bloody Sunday”
18. “Walk On”
20. “Where The Streets Have No Name”
21. “Ultraviolet (Light My Way)”
22. “With Or Without You”
23. “Moment of Surrender”
Bonus material: 2DVD and Blu-ray editions
— “Squaring the Circle: Creating U2360°” documentary
— U2360° Tour Clips
— Bonus Track: “Breathe” (Live at the Rose Bowl)
— Berlin Timelapse Video
— “Get On Your Boots” video
— “Magnificent” video
— “I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight” (animated video)
— “I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight” (Live in Barcelona)
— The Making of “Get On Your Boots” Video
— The Making of “Magnificent” video
Additional bonus material: 2DVD “super deluxe box set”
— 24 page book
— Replica Tour Program
— 7-inch vinyl single
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- U2’s ‘Artificial Horizon’ remix album to be released as triple vinyl set
- U2 taps Interpol, Lenny Kravitz, Fray to open 360° Tour in North America
- Vintage Video: U2 rings out the 1980s with New Year’s gig at Dublin’s Point Depot
- U2 ‘Artificial Horizon’ fan club CD features 13 remixes by likes of Trent Reznor
- Video: U2 live at the Rose Bowl via YouTube
- U2 tour dates: 360° trek returns to North American stadiums in June and July 2010
- Tracklist: U2’s ‘Unforgettable Fire’ reissue includes unreleased songs, live material
I could see that if there were time constraints on the first DVD that a song would need to be omitted, but…the OPENER? I actually like the song more after seeing it performed live (and it makes for a decent opening song). Maybe some marketing tool at Universal thought “Boots” would look appealing at the top of the order (ugh, that’s the song I would remove). I wonder if it was a band decision. I suppose it’s easy to criticize this now, as we’re becoming spoiled with full concerts released on DVD. For years, we never had the full Red Rocks show on VHS (the first FOUR songs were removed, among others in the set). Still, it’s an odd edit.