Fans who shelled out big cash for the just-issued mega-deluxe edition of U2’s new “U2 360° at the Rose Bowl” concert DVD received a nice bonus: a red-vinyl 7-inch single featuring the previously unreleased song “Soon,” a 2-minute track left over from the No Line on the Horizon sessions (hear it below).
Anyone who caught one of the 360° Tour shows last year might remember the tune as the band’s intro music; it was called “Kingdom of Your Love” at the time. The song — which U2.com also is streaming for paying members for the next two days — was recorded in 2008, and the music and lyrics are credited to U2, Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois.
You can hear the song — which is the same vein as the more experimental stuff on the album, like “FEZ-Being Born” or “Cedars of Lebanon” — via the embedded clip below.
Hear U2’s “Soon” after the jump…
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: The Edge joins Muse for ‘Where the Streets Have No Name’ at Glastonbury
- U2 pushes North American leg of 360° Tour to 2011, cancels Glastonbury slot
- U2 to release ‘U2360° at the Rose Bowl’ concert on DVD, Blu-ray in June
- U2’s ‘Artificial Horizon’ remix album to be released as triple vinyl set
- Vintage Video: U2 rings out the 1980s with New Year’s gig at Dublin’s Point Depot
- U2 ‘Artificial Horizon’ fan club CD features 13 remixes by likes of Trent Reznor