With their injury-delayed 360° Tour finally set to resume Friday in Turin, Italy, an apparently mended Bono joined the rest of U2 to rehearse onstage Sunday at the Stadio Olimpico di Torino — and treated fans assembled outside the stadium’s gates to what is believed to be a brand-new song.
It’s not known whether the rollicking, guitar-heavy tune — which can be heard in the clip above — will be performed on the upcoming European tour, and/or whether it’s part of the long-discussed new album that U2 has hinted could be released later this year — or even if it’s from the “Spider-Man” musical that Bono and The Edge are working on.
According to @U2 and U2Tours.com, the band ran through a number of tracks featured in last year’s 360° shows, but also rehearsed the Passengers song “Miss Sarajevo,” which only was played once last year, and, more significantly, dusted off the “Batman Forever” soundtrack rocker “Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me,” a song that hasn’t been played in concert since the end of the PopMart Tour in 1998 (hear audio below).
UPDATE 8/2/10: U2 apparently performed at least one more new song during today’s rehearsals in Turin. Hear it after the jump.
Hear more of U2’s Turin rehearsals after the jump…
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- U2 announces rescheduled North American dates for 360° Tour in 2011
- Milestones: U2 at Live Aid 25 years ago today
- Audio: Listen to U2’s ‘Soon,’ outtake from ‘No Line on the Horizon’ sessions
- U2 pushes North American leg of 360° Tour to 2011, cancels Glastonbury slot
- U2 to release ‘U2360° at the Rose Bowl’ concert on DVD, Blu-ray in June
- Vintage Video: U2 rings out the 1980s with New Year’s gig at Dublin’s Point Depot
- U2 ‘Artificial Horizon’ fan club CD features 13 remixes by likes of Trent Reznor
I like the ‘slow song’