In keeping with Morrissey tradition, the forthcoming 20th anniversary edition of Bona Drag will feature altered artwork, as shown at left. Readers at the Morrissey-solo.com forums spotted the new sleeve popping up on the listings for the expanded compilation at online retailers such as Play.com.
Last month’s announcement of the Bona Drag reissue — which now has been bumped to Oct. 4 — indicated that Moz “has chosen to return the cover art — taken from the “November Spawned a Monster” video — back to its natural colour, so his shirt is black.” For some reason, he’s also opted for a more medieval-looking font. For full details and tracklist for the new Bona Drag, go here.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- Morrissey reissuing ‘Everyday Is Like Sunday’ single in the U.K.
- Morrissey’s ‘Bona Drag’ 20th anniversary reissue to feature 6 unreleased tracks
- Photo: Morrissey and Rick Astley backstage at the BBC’s ‘Top of the Pops’ in 1989
- The Smiths Project: Janice Whaley recording covers of every Smiths song in 2010
- Audio: Demo of The Smiths’ ‘Paint a Vulgar Picture’ off ‘Strangeways’
- Smiths Indeed fanzine (1986-1989) to be reprinted in limited-edition, 100-set run
- Alternate take of The Smiths’ ‘Girl Afraid’ surfaces on ‘Hatful of Hollow’ cassette