It’s something of a tradition: Just as U2 whips out “One Tree Hill” when playing New Zealand, the band is known to dust off fan favorite “Spanish Eyes” — the B-side to “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” — when it performs in Spain. Tonight, the band did just that at its 360° Tour stop in San Sebastian, playing “Spanish Eyes” for the first time since 2001, according to U2gigs.com — and only the third time since The Joshua Tree tour in 1987. See video of the performance above.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- U2 remastering ‘Achtung Baby’ in Los Angeles for possible reissue
- Video: U2 debuts new song ‘Every Breaking Wave,’ announces Australian dates
- Video: U2 debuts ‘Glastonbury,’ ‘North Star,’ ‘Return of the Stingray Guitar’
- Audio: Listen to U2’s ‘Soon,’ outtake from ‘No Line on the Horizon’ sessions
- U2’s ‘Achtung Baby’ tops Spin magazine’s list of the 125 best albums of last 25 years
- Vintage Video: U2 rings out the 1980s with New Year’s gig at Dublin’s Point Depot