Although John Lydon has delayed work on the first new Public Image Ltd. album since 1992 in the wake of the death of stepdaughter Ari Up in October, the reunited band will continue performing in 2011, with two new summer festival dates announced this week in the U.K. and Slovakia.
Lydon’s reconstituted PiL — which debuted in the U.K. in late 2009, then toured the U.S. and Europe throughout this past year — so far will perform June 12 at the U.K.’s Isle of Wight Festival and the Bazant Pohoda Festival in Slovakia on July 9. The band’s website promises “more live dates will follow in the coming months.”
In late November, Lydon talked to the BBC about the death of The Slits frontwoman Ari Up: “We were going to go into the studio, but in light of my stepdaughter’s death, I really can’t be doing that at the moment. I don’t want to leave my wife alone for any length of time right now. So the music side has had to be held.”
Meanwhile, Lydon is selling a limited-edition coffee-table book called “Mr. Rotten’s Scrapbook” that’s filled with photos and handwritten commentary. Limited to just 750 copies worldwide, the book also comes with a 12-inch record featuring live PiL captured in 2009 and “spoken word outtakes.” The price? A whopping £449, or about $710. Spin magazine has photos from the book and Lydon’s commentary here.
See PiL’s tour dates after the jump…
Public Image Ltd. tour dates:
June 12: Isle of Wight Festival, Newport, U.K.
July 9: Bazant Pohoda Festival, Trenčín Airport, Slovakia
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Public Image Ltd. cancels German tour over ‘production scheduling problems’
- Public Image Ltd. sets short July tour of U.K.
- Video: Public Image Ltd. plays ‘Late Night With Jimmy Fallon,’ sets German tour
- Public Image Ltd. sets 16-date North American club tour to follow Coachella
- Video + setlist: Public Image Ltd. reunites in Birmingham, 1st concert in 17 years
- John Lydon reuniting Public Image Ltd. for 30th anniversary of ‘Metal Box’