Guitarist Dave Navarro of Jane’s Addiction is, of course, no stranger to reality television, having chronicled his courtship of now-ex-wife Carmen Electra on MTV’s “Til Death Do Us Part: Carmen + Dave” and served as co-host of “Rock Star: INXS” and “Rock Star: Supernova” on CBS, among other projects.
But you probably haven’t seen this one: It’s a full, unaired pilot filmed about five years ago for a proposed MTV reality show called “Grounded” that apparently would have followed different celebrities each week as they moved back home with their parents.
In the pilot — posted to YouTube by Navarro’s half-brother Gabe, supposedly with the rocker’s permission — Navarro spends a long weekend living the domestic life and caring for his two young stepbrothers with Electra’s help. Which means doing stuff like going to Costco (“I’ve never been to Costco… I don’t even go to the grocery store. That’s just one of the perks of being me.”) and reading “Dick and Jane” to the kids.
So check out the whole show in the player above — and wonder what might have been.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- Eric Avery calls Jane’s Addiction reunion ‘complicated emotional experience’
- Video: Jane’s Addiction plays ‘Jane Says’ on DirecTV’s ‘Guitar Center Sessions’
- It’s official: Guns N’ Roses bassist Duff McKagan leaves Jane’s Addiction
- Jane’s Addiction’s final U.S. concert with Eric Avery on ‘Live Voodoo’ DVD, Blu-ray
- Video: Jane’s Addiction debuts new song, ‘Soulmate,’ with Duff McKagan in L.A.
- Bassist Eric Avery quits Jane’s Addiction again, ‘with equal parts regret and relief’