The Pet Shop Boys’ electronic-meets-symphonic score to the new ballet adaptation of the Hans Christian Andersen story “The Most Incredible Thing” is out in the U.S. this week, and to mark the occasion, Astralwerks is providing us with a 7-album PSB prize back to award one lucky Slicing Up Eyeballs reader in the United States (sorry, the geographic restriction is the record rule).
One randomly drawn winner will receive not only a copy of the brand-new The Most Incredible Thing 2CD score (which Astralwerks also is selling directly for just $9.99 online and which you can stream in its entirety right here, today at least), but six other CDs — including the duo’s first three studio albums, a best-of and a live collection — culled from the Pet Shop Boys’ back catalog on EMI.
The winner will receive CD copies of the following Pet Shop Boys albums:
- Please (1986)
- Actually (1987)
- Introspective (1988)
- PopArt: The Hits (2003)
- Yes (2009)
- Pandemonium: Live (2010)
- The Most Incredible Thing (2011)
To enter, simply drop a comment below — it can be anything, but if you want, tell us your favorite PSB track and why. We’ll take entries until noon EST Friday, April 1. After that point, we’ll select one winner at random and contact them via e-mail — so please remember to use a legit address when you enter. At the request of Astralwerks, the contest is open only to residents of the United States. One entry per person.
UPDATE 4/1/11: This contest is now closed. The randomly selected winner is Jim. Thanks to all for taking the time to enter and sharing their PSB memories.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Pet Shop Boys to release ‘The Most Incredible Thing’ 2CD ballet score next month
- Video: Pet Shop Boys’ new single ‘Together’ off ‘Ultimate’ best-of
- Pet Shop Boys cover Dave Clark Five, Kate McGarrigle on new ‘Together’ single
- Pet Shop Boys announce ‘Ultimate’ tracklisting, record new single ‘Together’
- Pet Shop Boys scoring ‘Most Incredible Thing’ Hans Christian Andersen ballet