After Perry Farrell debuted a brand-new Jane’s Addiction track on South American radio during the run-up to the band’s headlining appearance at last weekend’s inaugural Lollapalooza Chile, the track spread across the web — so the group decided to give away the finished version for free.
You can download “End to the Lies,” the first taste of the forthcoming The Great Escape Artist, at JanesAddiction.com in exchange for your e-mail address — or just sign up for the band’s e-mail list below and you’ll get a download link (via RollingStone.com).
The song is the band’s first new material since 2003’s Strays, from an album that features production work and bass by TV on the Radio’s Dave Sitek. The album is expected this summer; Farrell tweeted Saturday: “A few days rest and then we’ll be back in the studio. The intent is to nail this record down; have it hypnotized and orgasming by August.”
Download Jane’s Addiction’s ‘End to the Lies’ after the jump…
Subscribe to Jane’s Addiction’s mailing list to receive your free track:
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- Milestones: Perry Farrell is 52 today; watch Jane’s Addiction live at UCSB in 1989
- Eric Avery calls Jane’s Addiction reunion ‘complicated emotional experience’
- Video: Jane’s Addiction plays ‘Jane Says’ on DirecTV’s ‘Guitar Center Sessions’
- It’s official: Guns N’ Roses bassist Duff McKagan leaves Jane’s Addiction
- Jane’s Addiction’s final U.S. concert with Eric Avery on ‘Live Voodoo’ DVD, Blu-ray
- Video: Jane’s Addiction debuts new song, ‘Soulmate,’ with Duff McKagan in L.A.
- Bassist Eric Avery quits Jane’s Addiction again, ‘with equal parts regret and relief’
I like the sound of this one, although I always like the ones where Perkins gets away from the click track. Curious to see where the colab with Dave Sitek leads.