While an official announcement is still forthcoming, the newly reunited Big Audio Dynamite is plotting what looks to be a two-week club tour across the United States this August to coincide with its slots at Lollapalooza in Chicago and the Outside Lands Festival in San Francisco.
So far, four concerts — at clubs in Boston, New York, Philadelphia and Minneapolis — can be confirmed via venue and ticketing websites. Those dates begin Aug. 2 in Boston and run up through Mick Jones and Co.’s previously announced Aug. 6 spot at Lollapalooza and a new show the next night in Minneapolis (see dates below).
With six open dates before the band is due in San Francisco for Outside Lands, it’s a pretty safe bet we’ll see shows booked throughout that week, too, presumably between the Midwest and West Coast — particularly since Jones told the Los Angeles Times last month that BAD likely would play L.A. again prior to Outside Lands.
Since reuniting earlier this year and playing a full U.K. tour, Big Audio Dynamite only has played three concerts in the U.S.: club dates in New York City and Los Angeles, as well as a slot at Coachella. This summer, the band is booked to play a number of shows — mostly large festivals — in the U.K., Europe and Japan.
UPDATE 6/8/11: Big Audio Dynamite has added two California shows, on Aug. 10 in Los Angeles and Aug. 11 in Anaheim, to the band’s short U.S. club tour.
See Big Audio Dynamite’s tour dates after the jump…
Big Audio Dynamite tour dates:
UK & EUROPE
June 23: Old Fire Station, Bournemouth, UK
June 24: Glastonbury Festival, Glastonbury, UK
July 10: Exit Festival, Novisad, Serbia
July 14: Benicassim Festival, Benicassim, Spain
July 23: Royal Festival Hall, London, UK
July 29: Fuji Rock Festival, Naeba, Japan
Aug. 2: House of Blues, Boston, MA
Aug. 3: Brooklyn Bowl, New York, NY
Aug. 4: The Electric Factory, Philadelphia, PA
Aug. 6: Lollapalooza, Chicago, IL
Aug. 7: First Avenue, Minneapolis, MN
Aug. 10: Club Nokia, Los Angeles, CA *
Aug. 11: City National Grove, Anaheim, CA *
Aug. 12: Outside Lands Festival, San Francisco, CA
UK & EUROPE
Aug. 19: Beautiful Days Festival, Escot Park, Devon, UK
Aug. 20: V Festival, Weston Park, UK
Aug. 21: V Festival, Hylands Park, UK
Aug. 26: Rock en Seine, Domaine National de Saint-Cloud, France
Sept. 2: Electric Picnic Festival, Portlaoise, Ireland
Sept. 9: Bestival, Isle of Wight, UK
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Lollapalooza at 20: Big Audio Dynamite, The Cars join Eminem, Foo Fighters
- Big Audio Dynamite reissuing ‘No. 10, Upping St.,’ returning to U.S. this summer
- Video: Watch Big Audio Dynamite’s complete Coachella festival performance
- Video: Big Audio Dynamite reunites original lineup for first gig in 22 years
- Big Audio Dynamite plans to record new album, prep more Legacy Edition reissues
- Big Audio Dynamite to play Los Angeles, New York around Coachella appearance
- Big Audio Dynamite sets 9-date U.K. reunion tour in advance of Coachella
- Q&A: Drummer Greg Roberts on ‘This Is Big Audio Dynamite’ reissue, band’s legacy