After months of pre-release build-up, Depeche Mode’s long-awaited Remixes 2: 81-11 compilation finally arrives next week, and to help celebrate its release, the fine folks at Rhino Records have provided us with a copy of the super-limited 6LP deluxe vinyl edition to award to one lucky Slicing Up Eyeballs reader — and copies of the 3CD version for five runners up.
Due out Tuesday, the collection — a sequel to 2004’s Remixes 81-04 — marks the first time all five current and former DM members have worked on the same project, with ex-members Vince Clarke and Alan Wilder contributing mixes of “Behind the Wheel” and “In Chains,” respectively. Check out the full tracklist here; the 37-track, 6LP vinyl edition and the single-disc and 3CD versions are available for pre-order via Rhino.
To enter, simply drop a comment below — it can be any comment, but if you want, humor us by naming your favorite Depeche Mode remix and explaining what you love about it. We’ll take entries until noon EST Thursday, June 30. After that point, we’ll randomly select a grand-prize winner (who’ll win the 6LP set) and five runners up (who’ll get copies of the 3CD edition). Winners will be contacted via e-mail — so please remember to use a legit address when you enter (we’ve actually had winners use bogus addresses).
Finally, per Rhino, the contest is only open to fans in the United States and Canada, since those are the only countries in which the label distributes Depeche Mode (the rest of the world is handled by EMI Music). Sorry, but those are the rules.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Stream: New Depeche Mode mixes by Alan Wilder, Vince Clarke — off ‘Remixes 2′
- Free MP3: Depeche Mode, ‘Master and Servant’ (RSS Mix) — brand-new remix
- Video: Depeche Mode, ‘Personal Jesus’ (Stargate Mix), off ‘Remixes 2: 81-11′
- Milestones: Dave Gahan is 49 today; watch full ‘World Violation’ concert
- Video: Depeche Mode’s Dave Gahan performs ‘Love Will Tear Us Apart’
- Depeche Mode’s ‘Remixes 2: 81-11,’ featuring Vince Clarke and Alan Wilder, due