With a new record complete but no label to put it out, Morrissey debuted three new songs — “Action Is My Middle Name,” “The Kid’s A Looker” and “People Are The Same Everywhere” — in a live session recorded last week and broadcast tonight on Janice Long’s late-night show on BBC Radio 2.
As can be expected, recordings of the three rather rocking new songs by the ex-Smiths frontman — who opens his summer European tour tomorrow night in Scotland — are all over the web, and we’ve got all three posted below for your streaming pleasure.
In a statement released last month, Morrissey revealed that he’s got a new record in the can: “The follow-up to Years of Refusal is ready and fluttering wildly against the bars. There is still no record label and the years shuffle like cards. My talents do not lie in DIY.” The three songs premiered tonight presumably are part of that album; it remains to be seen whether Moz will debut more on his upcoming tour.
Stream Morrissey’s three new songs after the jump…
Morrissey, “Action Is My Middle Name”
Morrissey, “The Kid’s A Looker”
Morrissey, “People Are The Same Everywhere”
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- Morrissey’s summer tour continues to grow; eight more concerts added in Europe
- Milestones: Morrissey is 52 today; watch a complete ‘Kill Uncle’ concert from 1991
- Morrissey mourns Poly Styrene, whines about ‘Best Of,’ reports new album finished
- Audio: Morrissey on The Smiths, his upcoming memoir and David Cameron
- Morrissey releasing new ‘Very Best Of,’ will issue 2 ‘Viva Hate’ outtakes as B-sides
- Hear The Smiths’ reggae version of ‘Girlfriend In A Coma,’ other rare outtakes