After much build-up, the official video for “I Spit Roses” — the lead-off single from Peter Murphy’s new album Ninth (you can stream the whole thing here) — premiered today. And, as promised, the heavily imagined and effect-heavy clip by director Justin Coloma finds the former Bauhaus singer — who’s done time as and-screen vampire — made up like some sort of pirate as he makes his way through the nautically themed story. Check it out above.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Playlist: Peter Murphy of Bauhaus guest hosts Sirius XM’s ‘Dark Wave,’ 6/12/11
- Full-album stream: Peter Murphy, ‘Ninth’
- Peter Murphy playing ‘Ninth’ release shows in California, NYC next month
- Stream: Peter Murphy’s 40-minute interview, live set on 91.3 FM WYEP
- ‘Dalis Car 2′ EP, featuring Peter Murphy and late Mick Karn, to be released
- Peter Murphy to release ‘Ninth’ album in June, finalizes 29-date U.S. tour
What a nice surprise to wake up to! Not only is the song and the album superb, but this video is beyond what I expected. After watching the preview clips last week, with him in front of those green screens, i never would’ve thought that the animation would be that spectacular. Just beautiful. :)
wow! really nice! i have no idea what the video was depicting but it’s really really cool. good to see real videos making a bit of a comeback.
It looks like a clip from Yo Gabba Gabba, which is not a put-down.
Loved the video, and have been very pleasantly surprised by the album…kudos to Peter for the nice work!
Cool video. I am impressed with the whole nautical theme. Best album since “Holy Smoke.” Would like to see Peter live at Detroit Bar in Costa Mesa on the 26th of June.
Last Album I bought was Holy Smoke. And last song I liked was “Fall with your knife”. This is a sweet video, but the song doesn’t give any kick. I will always love me some Peter Murphy though.