With their first new studio album in 20 years due in 2012, John Lydon’s reunited Public Image Ltd. will kick off the new year by reissuing nearly its entire back catalog on CD in the U.K., using the same the same newly remastered editions that were released this past summer in Japan in the high-quality SHM-CD format.
On Jan. 16, Virgin/EMI will reissue 10 PiL albums in the U.K. in standard, jewel-cased CDs — 1978’s Public Image through 1992’s That What Is Not — as well as Lydon’s lone solo album, 1997’s Psycho’s Path. The new batch of remasters will not include 1979’s Metal Box or 1980’s Second Edition, each of which already has been reissued in the U.K. in recent years.
According to the band, the new reissues will all include the original U.K. tracklists, which means the re-release of 1990 best-of The Greatest Hits… So Far won’t be appended with “Acid Drops,” off That What Is Not, as was the Japanese edition released this past summer.
Public Image Ltd. U.K. reissues:
Public Image (1978)
Paris In The Spring (1980)
Flowers Of Romance (1981)
Live In Tokyo (1983)
This Is What You Want… This Is What You Get (1984)
Compact Disc (aka Album) (1986)
The Greatest Hits… So Far (1990)
That What Is Not (1992)
Psycho’s Path (John Lydon solo, 1997)
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Public Image Ltd. finishes recording new studio album to be released in 2012
- Public Image Ltd. reissues entire catalog in Japan on high-quality SHM-CD format
- Public Image Ltd. reunion continues into 2011 with festivals in the U.K., Slovakia
- Video: Public Image Ltd. plays ‘Late Night With Jimmy Fallon,’ sets German tour
- Public Image Ltd. sets 16-date North American club tour to follow Coachella
- Video + setlist: Public Image Ltd. reunites in Birmingham, 1st concert in 17 years
- John Lydon reuniting Public Image Ltd. for 30th anniversary of ‘Metal Box’