Echo & The Bunnymen frontman Ian McCulloch has added a New York gig and two Los Angeles concerts — at a Hollywood cemetery, no less — to his short U.S. tour in support of forthcoming solo album Pro Patria Mori. The March 23-24 concerts at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery and March 31 show at Le Poisson Rouge join three already announced shows in San Francisco and Chicago.
McCulloch’s new solo album — the first since 2003′s Slideling and his fourth overall — will be out in March, and the singer is funding the project via Pledge Music. Fans can contribute to the project and receive the new album, along with a live set recorded at the Liverpool Anglican Cathedral last January, in various formats and in a wide variety of packages that include signed items, handwritten lyric sheets, and, at the top end, an autographed guitar.
Tickets for the New York and Los Angeles concerts go on sale Friday.
Ian McCulloch tour dates:
March 20: Bimbo’s 365 Club, San Francisco, CA
March 23: Hollywood Forever Cemetery, Los Angeles, CA
March 24: Hollywood Forever Cemetery, Los Angeles, CA
March 27: Schuba’s, Chicago, IL
March 28: Schuba’s, Chicago, IL
March 31: Le Poisson Rouge, New York, NY
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- Ian McCulloch releasing new solo, live CDs — and playing U.S. concerts in March
- Free MP3s: Echo & The Bunnymen, ‘Pride’ and ‘Show of Strength’ — off ‘Do It Clean’ live CD
- Ian McCulloch is 52 today; watch full Echo & The Bunnymen show from 1984
- Echo & The Bunnymen to perform 1984’s ‘Ocean Rain’ on U.K. tour in September
- Echo & The Bunnymen unveil North American ‘Crocodiles,’ ‘Heaven Up Here’ dates
- Echo & The Bunnymen to play ‘Crocodiles,’ ‘Heaven Up Here’ on U.S. tour in May
- Vintage Video: Echo & The Bunnymen and Billy Bragg cover ‘Run Run Run’
- Video: Ian McCulloch plays ‘The Killing Moon’ for ‘A Take Away Show’