Prior to his still-to-be-announced tour of Japan, Morrissey will head to South America for in late February for concerts in Chile, Peru, Argentina and Colombia. So far, the singer has announced — via fansite True To You — two performances in Chile and his first-ever concert in Peru; shows in Colombia and Argentina will be announced next week.
On Jan. 27, promoters in Japan will announce Morrissey’s 10-date tour of that country in April, his most extensive ever. After that, he’s expected to add dates in Thailand, the Philippines and New Zealand, according to a statement released last week.
UPDATE 1/22/12: According to a new post to True To You, Morrissey’s South American tour will include four concerts in Argentina, four in Brazil and one in Columbia, in addition to the two already announced in Chile and the one concert in Peru.
Morrissey tour dates:
Feb. 24: Viña del Mar International Song Festival, Viña del Mar, Chile
Feb. 26: Movistar Arena, Santiago, Chile
Feb. 29: Lima Jockey Club, Lima, Peru
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- Morrissey to tour Asia and New Zealand, release new Sparks remix of ‘Suedehead’
- Morrissey’s Top 10 favorite singles that feature Morrissey as lead vocalist
- Morrissey’s Top 10 albums by Morrissey and The Smiths
- Morrissey gives up on record deal, says new album release ‘grows less and less likely’
- Morrissey announces 17-date fall tour of southwestern U.S., Mexico
- ‘The Smiths — Complete’ box set: 8 albums on vinyl, CD; plus 25 7-inch singles, DVD