Morrissey today rolled out the itinerary for his full South American tour, an 11-date trek in late February and March that includes concerts in Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Peru and Columbia. Moz’s usual opener, Kristeen Young, will appear at all shows except the Viña del Mar International Song Festival in Chile.
According to fansite/quasi-official news outlet True To You, the trek opens Feb. 24 at the festival in Viña del Mar and includes a second concert in Chile, four in Argentina, three in Brazil and one in Peru before wrapping up March 17 in Colombia.
Additionally, on Friday, promoters in Japan will announce Morrissey’s 10-date tour of that country in April, his most extensive ever. After that, he’s expected to add dates in Thailand, the Philippines and New Zealand, according to a statement released last week.
Morrissey tour dates:
Feb. 24: Viña del Mar International Song Festival, Viña del Mar, Chile
Feb. 26: Movistar Arena, Santiago, Chile
Feb. 28: M Arena, Mendoza, Argentina
March 1: Orfeo Arena, Cordoba, Argentina
March 3: Metropolitano, Rosario, Argentina
March 4: Geba, Buenos Aires, Argentina
March 7: Pepsi On Stage, Porto Alegre, Brazil
March 9: Fundicao Progresso, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
March 11: Escapo das Americas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
March 14: Jockey Club, Lima, Peru
March 17: Metropol, Bogota, Colombia
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- Morrissey to tour Asia and New Zealand, release new Sparks remix of ‘Suedehead’
- Morrissey’s Top 10 favorite singles that feature Morrissey as lead vocalist
- Morrissey’s Top 10 albums by Morrissey and The Smiths
- Morrissey gives up on record deal, says new album release ‘grows less and less likely’
- Morrissey announces 17-date fall tour of southwestern U.S., Mexico
- ‘The Smiths — Complete’ box set: 8 albums on vinyl, CD; plus 25 7-inch singles, DVD