The Human League — set to release an expanded 2CD edition of its 1981 synthpop classic Dare this March — this week announced XXXV: The 2012 Tour, a 14-date U.K. trek planned for this November and December that will commemorate the 35th anniversary of the band’s formation in Sheffield, England.
The group — Philip Oakey and singers Joanne Catherall and Susan Ann Sulley — opens the XXXV dates Nov. 23 in Brighton, continuing on through Dec. 10 in Hatfield; the tour also includes a stop at London’s famed Royal Albert Hall. Tickets for all the shows go on sale Friday.
Before that, though, on March 26 in the U.K., Virgin Records will reissue Dare in a 2CD expanded edition. As our friends at The Second Disc note, the new reissue features the 2002 remaster of the original album supplemented by newly remastered 12-inch remixes and instrumental versions on the first disc, and a second disc featuring nearly all of the band’s 1983 Fascination! EP. This reissue, however, does not include Martin Rushent’s 1982 remix album Love and Dancing.
The Human League tour dates:
Nov. 23: Dome, Brighton, UK
Nov. 24: BIC Windsor Hall, Bournemouth, UK
Nov. 25: Corn Exchange, Cambridge, UK
Nov. 26: Royal Albert Hall, London, UK
Nov. 28: Colston Hall, Bristol, UK
Nov. 30: Royal Concert Hall, Nottingham, UK
Dec. 1: Victoria Theatre, Halifax, UK
Dec. 2: Civic Hall, Wolverhampton, UK
Dec. 4: City Hall, Sheffield, UK
Dec. 5: Academy, Glasgow, UK
Dec. 7: City Hall, Newcastle, UK
Dec. 8: Apollo, Manchester, UK
Dec. 9: Engine Shed, Lincoln, UK
Dec. 10: The Forum, Hatfield, UK
Tracklist: The Human League, Dare: Deluxe Edition
DISC 1: Original LP and Bonus Material
1. “The Things That Dreams Are Made Of”
2. “Open Your Heart”
3. “The Sound of the Crowd”
5. “Do or Die”
6. “Get Carter”
7. “I Am the Law”
9. “Love Action (I Believe in Love)”
10. “Don’t You Want Me”
11. “The Sound of the Crowd” (12” Version)
12. “Don’t You Want Me” (Extended Dance Mix)
13. “The Sound of the Crowd” (Instrumental)
14. “Hard Times/Love Action (I Believe in Love)” (Instrumental)
15. “Open Your Heart/Non-Stop” (Instrumental)
16. “Don’t You Want Me” (Alternative Version)
DISC 2: Non-LP Single Material
1. “Mirror Man”
2. “You Remind Me of Gold”
3. “(Keep Feeling) Fascination” (Extended Version)
4. “I Love You Too Much”
5. “Mirror Man” (Extended Version)
6. “You Remind Me of Gold” (Instrumental)
7. “(Keep Feeling) Fascination” (Improvisation)
8. “I Love You Too Much” (Dub Version)
9. “Total Panic”
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The Human League sets ‘Credo’ U.S. release, tour with Men Without Hats, B-52s
- Video: Human League’s ‘Don’t You Want Me’ covered by Rocky Votolato, Matt Pond PA
- Video: The Human League, ‘Never Let Me Go’ — off ‘Credo,’ first album in decade
I’ll buy this like I’ve bought all the other reissues … but why not simply include “Hard Times” on Disc 2 to complete the US Fascination EP in one place?
When I think of Human League, I think of a blistering guitar (!) riff spoiled by some of the worst lyrics ever put to paper… “And where there used to be some shops is where the snipers sometimes hide” The Lebanon. Hilarious!!!
Is such a big word
It’s been around since
Richard The Third.”
Pleeeeeeease call it “Double Dare”. Please. Pleeeeeeeaase.
This would be fun, but if they want to do a REAL anniversary tour, why note bring back Jo Callus, Ian Burden and Philip Adrian Wright? THAT would be amazing, and it would be the real “Dare” lineup of Human League.
El ultimo disco “Credo” es simplemete fantastico
de principio a fin.