With their annual St. Valentines’s Day Massacre concert coming up next week in London, The Godfathers over the weekend posted a rough mix of brand-new track “Primitive Man,” the third new song the rockers have released since reuniting in 2008 — which you can hear via the YouTube player embedded below.
The new song, a driving rocker that the band stresses “is not quite finished,” joins “Back Into the Future” and “The Outsider” as emerging for the ongoing recording sessions for what will ultimately be the Godfathers’ first new album since 1995’s Afterlife.
On Feb. 14, the band resumes its annual Valentine’s Day tradition with a concert in London, where the event last was staged in 2010; last year’s St. Valentine’s Day Massacre was held in New York City for the first time, and was presented by Slicing Up Eyeballs.
The Godfathers tour dates:
Feb. 14: St. Valentine’s Day Massacre, O2 Academy Islington, London, UK
March 24: The Long Night Festival, Belgrade, Serbia
STREAM: The Godfathers, “Primitive Man” (Rough Cut)
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Stream the Godfathers’ four-song live set and on-air interview at KDHX in St. Louis
- The Godfathers reschedule dates on first U.S. tour in 20 years over visa problems
- The Godfathers release new single ‘Back Into the Future,’ reissuing 2 albums
- The Godfathers set first U.S. tour in 20 years, St. Valentine’s Day Massacre in NYC
- Video: Godfathers’ ‘Birth, School, Work, Death’ from ‘Shot Live at the 100 Club’
- The Godfathers to release ‘Shot Live at the 100 Club’ concert CD/DVD set