Paul Weller today began streaming his new solo album Sonik Kicks on his website, a full week before its U.K. release and two weeks before the record arrives in the U.S. On his site, Weller addresses the fact that some artists are shying away from online streaming: “I’m not an expert on the digital world but know it’s how most people hear their music and I’m proud of this album so want as many people to hear it as possible.”
The 14-track Sonik Kicks, which you can hear via the widget below or on the front page of paulweller.com, will be released March 19 in the U.K. and March 27 in the U.S.
UPDATE: The player below, as well as the one on Weller’s site, currently only is playing previews of each track for listeners in the U.S., although his site promises a full-album stream.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: Paul Weller plays ‘That Dangerous Age,’ ‘The Attic’ on Jonathan Ross
- Paul Weller debuts NSFW ‘Dragonfly’ video — off forthcoming ‘Sonik Kicks’ album
- Video: Paul Weller, ‘That Dangerous Age’ — first single off forthcoming ‘Sonik Kicks’ LP
- Stream: Paul Weller, ‘That Dangerous Age’ — first single off forthcoming ‘Sonik Kicks’ LP
- Paul Weller announces New York concerts in May — only North American shows this year
- Paul Weller to release ‘Sonik Kicks’ in March; stream album track ‘Around the Lake’