The newly reunited Dead Can Dance will release its first new album of all-new material in 16 years on Aug. 9 to coincide with the launch of its eight-month worldwide reunion tour that same day in Vancouver, B.C., the group — co-founders and mainstays Brendan Perry and Lisa Gerrard — announced this week in a news release.
As previously announced, Perry and Gerrard began working on ideas for the new record last fall. They convened earlier this year in Ireland to begin recording. In the news release, Perry says, “Lisa and myself are genuinely excited to be working together again in the studio. It will be a spring album to coincide with both nature’s awakening and the group’s subsequent rebirth.” No other details of the album, including its title, have been released.
Dead Can Dance’s North American tour opens Aug. 9 in Vancouver and runs through Sept. 7 in Austin, Texas. The band will then open their European tour Sept. 19 in Istanbul and wrap up Oct. 28 in Dublin, hitting five cities in Germany as well as Russia, England and Greece, among other locales, in between. The band promises to announce additional dates in South America, Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia “very soon.”
Full tour dates over here.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Dead Can Dance announce 16-date North American tour in August, September
- Free MP3s: Dead Can Dance, ‘Live Happenings — Part IV’ 4-track EP
- Dead Can Dance announce 22-date European tour — with American, Asian legs to come
- Free MP3s: Dead Can Dance, ‘Live Happenings — Part II’ 4-track EP
- Free MP3s: Dead Can Dance, ‘Live Happenings — Part 1′ 4-track EP
- Video: Dead Can Dance’s Brendan Perry, Cocteau Twins’ Robin Guthrie play KEXP
- Dead Can Dance’s Brendan Perry, Lisa Gerrard reuniting for new album, 2012 world tour
Do they suck as much as this picture makes me think they do?
Only half as much as you do, dingleberry.