He’s been busy of late fronting the resurgent Big Country at performances across the pond, but The Alarm frontman Mike Peters will make it to these shores for a special, one-off solo-acoustic show at Maxwell’s in Hoboken, N.J., on July 4 that’s being billed as a “Spirit of ’76 Independence Day Concert.”
Tickets for the concert are on sale now via TicketFly, and, as Maxwell’s notes, the 10 p.m. “post-fireworks show” is near the end of 11th Street in Hoboken, which is “one of the best places to view the fireworks.” The July 4th gig is Peters’ only scheduled North American performance. He’s got a few European festival dates booked this summer with Big Country, as well as a couple other solo-acoustic dates, according to his website.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The Alarm’s Mike Peters sets acoustic 30th anniversary concerts in U.S., U.K.
- Big Country releasing ‘Another Country’ — first single in 12 years — with Mike Peters
- The Alarm celebrates 30th anniversary with ‘The Sound and The Fury’ album, film
- The Alarm’s Mike Peters would really like his stolen lyric book back, please
- Big Country enlists The Alarm’s Mike Peters as singer for 30th anniversary tour