The Pet Shop Boys will premiere “Winner,” the first official single from their forthcoming 11th studio album Elysium, this coming Monday between 9:30 a.m. and noon on BBC Radio 2’s “The Ken Bruce Show,” then, later in the day, make it available for sale via iTunes. While “Winner” is earmarked as the album’s first single, a different track, “Invisible,” already has been previewed by the duo.
A month after its initial digital release, the “Winner” single will be released on CD, with three bonus tracks, and as two “digital bundles” with bonus cuts and remixes on Aug. 6. The album itself, produced in Los Angeles by Andrew Dawson (who has worked with Kanye West, Lil Wayne and Beyonce) and the Pet Shop Boys, is set for release Sept. 18.
UPDATE 7/2/12: “Winner was released today and can be streamed here.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Pet Shop Boys announce new album ‘Elysium’ — listen to new track ‘Invisible’
- Pet Shop Boys to release ‘Format’ B-sides comp, spanning 1996-2009, in February
- Pet Shop Boys writing songs for 11th album, to be recorded this fall and out in 2012
- Stream: PSB’ Chris Lowe sings New Order’s ‘Subculture’ with Stop Modernists
- Pet Shop Boys to release ‘The Most Incredible Thing’ 2CD ballet score next month
- Pet Shop Boys announce ‘Ultimate’ tracklisting, record new single ‘Together’