Depeche Mode’s management this week took the unusual step of shooting down a supposed 2013 European tour itinerary that’s been making the rounds online, re-affirming that the band will, in fact, tour next year, but that no dates have been confirmed yet. That comes as rumors continue to swirl that Dave Gahan will perform a “secret” show with Soulsavers this weekend in Los Angeles.
As for the Gahan rumors, they were initially fueled by a now-deleted tweet from ex-Porno for Pyros bassist Martyn LeNoble, a longtime Gahan friend and musical collaborator who introduced the singer to Soulsavers, with whom Gahan recently recorded a full album. Last night, LeNoble again tweeted about the performance: “This one I won’t delete…. I’m excited to play a ‘secret’ show with the Soulsavers w/Dave Gahan this weekend.”
It’s not yet clear when or where the show will be (it’s rumored to be taking place in Los Angeles) or how fans might be able to score tickets.
And as for the “leaked” DM tour dates, here’s the band’s manager addressing that issue:
As you may have seen over the last week, a few Depeche Mode-related websites, message boards and news sites have posted alleged tour dates for 2013. While the band will indeed be touring next year, we have not confirmed any show dates yet and tickets will not be on sale until late fall. Be assured, we will make a timely official announcement on DepecheMode.com and the band’s official Facebook and Twitter accounts as soon as dates are confirmed, and at that time will give full details on when tickets will be made available.
Stay tuned for more updates from the studio and exciting news over the next few months.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
– Jonathan Kessler
Manager, Depeche Mode
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Is Depeche Mode hinting at Alan Wilder’s return? Or just teasing fans?
- Depeche Mode’s Dave Gahan: 20 songs demoed for new album, tour planned for 2013
- Stream: Soulsavers featuring Depeche Mode’s Dave Gahan, ‘The Light the Dead See’
- Milestones: Depeche Mode’s Dave Gahan is 50 today — watch 7 full concerts, 1981-2009
- Stream: Soulsavers f/ Dave Gahan, ‘Longest Day’ — first single off ‘The Light the Dead See’
- Depeche Mode’s Dave Gahan lends voice to Soulsavers’ album ‘The Light the Dead See’