As expected, John Lydon will bring his reconvened Public Image Ltd. back to the U.S. for its first North American tour in two years this fall, playing 18 dates in the U.S. and Canada throughout October and into early November, culminating with the previously announced appearance at the FunFunFun Fest in Austin, Texas.
The tour, announced today, opens Oct. 3 in Orlando, Fla., and hits the East Coast, Midwest, a couple dates in Canada and a pair of California cities before wrapping up in Texas at the FunFunFun Fest on Nov. 3 — not Nov. 2, as the band originally had announced.
PiL, which in late May released This Is PiL, currently has a handful of European festival and club dates booked for the summer, plus 15 dates in the U.K. and Ireland in late July and throughout August. The band has toured steadily since Lydon first resurrected his long-dormant post-Sex Pistols group in December 2009, including a string of U.S. dates in 2010.
Public Image Ltd. North American tour dates:
Oct. 3: Firestone Live, Orlando, FL
Oct. 5: Grand Central, Miami, FL
Oct. 6: Cuban Club, Ybor City, FL
Oct. 8: 9:30 Club, Washington, D.C.
Oct. 9: Music Hall of Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY
Oct. 11: Electric Factory, Philadelphia, PA
Oct. 12: Upstate concert Hall, Clifton Park, NY
Oct. 13: Hammerstein Ballrom, New York, NY
Oct. 15: Royale Boston, Boston, MA
Oct. 16: Club Soda, Montreal, QC
Oct. 18: The Opera House, Toronto, ON
Oct. 19: Royal Oak Music Theatre, Detroit, MI
Oct. 21: House of Blues, Chicago, IL
Oct. 22: Mill City Nights, Minneapolis, MN
Oct. 25: Regency Ballroom, San Francisco, CA
Oct. 28: Club Nokia, Los Angeles, CA
Nov. 1: Granada Theater, Dallas, TX
Nov. 3: FunFunFun Festival, Austin, TX
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Public Image Ltd. to play Austin’s FunFunFun Fest in November — 1st U.S. date in 2 years
- Video: John Lydon launches ‘Lollipop Blog,’ discusses PiL’s ‘buffalo of freedom’
- Public Image Ltd. to tour North America later this year in support of ‘This Is PiL’
- Video: Jah Wobble and Keith Levene revisit PiL with ‘Metal Box in Dub’ in London
- Video: Public Image Ltd., ‘One Drop’ — lead single off upcoming ‘This Is PiL’
- Public Image Ltd.’s ‘This Is PiL’ cover art, deluxe edition live DVD revealed
- Public Image Ltd. sets May 28 release for ‘This is PiL,’ unveils EP tracklisting
- Video + setlist: Public Image Ltd. reunites in Birmingham, 1st concert in 17 years
Once again, no love for Atlanta. Don’t hardly blame them.
David C., I’ve been seeing this a lot with a lot of different bands. It’s as if there is no state or cities between Florida and DC. Atlanta must have a bad rep … too bad it’s the closest to me for shows.
When do the tickets go on sale for the Chicago show?
Same Chicago date as New Order. Guess I won’t see PIL.
i get to see PiL in DC and Philly. Cool beans!
I saw them in the 80s in Atlanta at Centre Stage. It was sold out. We had to scam our way in and there was hardly anywhere to even stand.
Look at Numan’s shows here. P Furs’s. Agent Orange had a great crowd last time.
There are fans with money here.