The Stone Roses reunion will roll into 2013 as the band this week confirmed it will join the five-date, traveling Future Music Festival in Australia next March, performing concerts in Brisbane, Perth, Sydney and Melbourne along with The Prodigy, Dizzee Rascal, Bloc Party and, uh, that “Gangnam Style” guy. Presale begins this Friday, with the general on-sale set for Oct. 18. See details at futuremusicfestival.com.au.
The Stone Roses tour dates:
March 2: Future Music Festival, Doomben Racecourse, Brisbane, Australia
March 3: Future Music Festival, Arena Joondalup, Perth, Australia
March 9: Royal Randwick Racecourse, Sydney, Australia
March 10: Flemington Racecouse, Melbourne, Australia
March 11: Bonython Park, Adelaide, Australia
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: The Stone Roses, ‘I Wanna Be Adored’ in Spain — 1st pro-shot footage of reunion
- Video: The Stone Roses cut short Amsterdam gig because ‘the drummer’s gone home’
- The Stone Roses eyeing U.S. dates in 2013?
- Video: The Stone Roses open first tour in 16 years at Barcelona’s Club Razzmatazz
- The Stone Roses reunite in Warrington, U.K., for first concert in 16 years
- Video: Stone Roses’ Ian Brown, John Squire reunite onstage at Mick Jones’ benefit gig
- The Stone Roses reunite for Manchester gigs in 2012, world tour and ‘new songs’ (VIDEO)
Hmmm… hope they do a side show. Would love to see them at a good venue in Melbourne!
Agreed – reckon its a forgone conclusion that they’ll do at least one. I saw them at The Metro (now Palace) in Melbourne in 1996 (front row and it was brilliant (despite front row bruised ribs against the barrier). Same venue would be great (I think 1,500), Forum is probably too small (~1,000), yet Vodaphone Arena (5-6,000) is probably too big. That leaves Festival Hall (~3,000) unfortunately. Nooooo!! Bloody well hope not.