Seemingly out of the, uh, blue, R.E.M. this week debuted a music video for the song “Blue” — a song featuring Patti Smith that sounds like the band’s last song with her, “E-Bow the Letter” — off swan song Collapse into Now. The clip, posted above, is directed by actor James Franco and features a hodge-podge of visual imagery, including shots of Lindsay Lohan.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- R.E.M.’s Peter Buck to release solo debut this week in limited-edition, 2,000-copy vinyl run
- R.E.M.’s ‘Document’ 25th anniversary reissue to include unreleased 1987 concert
- ‘Athens, GA – Inside/Out’ soundtrack set for first-ever CD release with film, 5 bonus cuts
- Stream: Peter Buck, ‘10 Million BC’ — 1st track off R.E.M. guitarist’s solo debut
- R.E.M., 1980-2011: Genre-defining college rock band breaks up after 31 years