The Church next year will release a live DVD capturing the band’s performance of three full albums — 1988′s Starfish, 1992′s Priest=Aura and 2009’s Untitled #23 — last December in Sydney, and is previewing the upcoming release by streaming each of the sets via Moshcam.com. Right now, you can watch the Untitled #23 performance, and, on Tuesday, Priest=Aura premieres, while Starfish follows on Thursday.
Above, you can watch album opener “Colbalt Blue,” or head straight to Moshcam.com to watch all of Untitled #23. The Church is about to embark on a tour of Australia with Simple Minds and Devo.
Setlist: The Church, Enmore Theatre, Sydney, Australia, 12/17/11
1. “Cobalt Blue”
2. “Deadman’s Hand”
5. “Space Saviour”
6. “On Angel Street”
7. “Sunken Sun”
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: Steve Kilbey joins The Afghan Whigs to perform The Church’s ‘One Day’ in Sydney
- Simple Minds enlists Devo, The Church for tour of Australia, New Zealand later this year
- Video: The Church performs ‘The Unguarded Moment,’ ‘Tantalized’ with orchestra
- The Church playing ‘Starfish,’ ‘Priest=Aura,’ ‘Untitled #23′ each night on U.S. tour
- The Church announces ‘Deep in the Shallows’ collection, first phase of reissues
- The Church reissuing first 8 albums, touring Australia to mark 30th anniversary
- Q&A: Robert Lurie, author of ‘No Certainty Attached: Steve Kilbey & The Church’
This band holds such a dear place in my heart. They’re one of the few bands that sound good in whatever mood I’m in, and have yet to release a bad album. Some are better than other’s but all are quality. They deserve more credit. Given I wasn’t close to any of their gig locations I’ll totally get this DVD when it comes out.