Depeche Mode hasn’t offered much information yet on its upcoming 13th studio album — it’s due in March, but no title, tracklist or cover art has been revealed — but that could soon be changing as the band is expected to release “Heaven,” the record’s first single, on Feb. 5, according to listings at Amazon sites worldwide.
No official announcement has been made, but Amazon.com is taking pre-orders on a “Heaven” CD single and CD maxi single for release Feb. 5 on the band’s new label, Columbia Records. Amazon’s U.K. and German sites also show CD singles being released on that day. It is not believed “Heaven” is the same, untitled song that Depeche Mode previewed last fall.
Following the release of the new record, Depeche Mode will embark on an already-announced European tour, opening May 7 in Tel Aviv, to be followed by a full North American trek later in the summer or in early fall, details of which are still to be announced.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: Depeche Mode shares rare footage of 1990 ‘Violator’ show at Dodger Stadium
- Depeche Mode signs to Columbia Records for release of new album in March
- Depeche Mode debuts new untitled song in Paris with in-studio video — hear it here
- Depeche Mode: New album cross between ‘Violator,’ ‘Songs of Faith and Devotion’
- Depeche Mode tour 2013 : European dates surface on eve of press conference