Primal Scream today debuted the second single off the band’s upcoming 10th studio album More Light, a song called “It’s Alright, It’s OK” that rides along on a Screamadelica-like groove and stands in stark contrast to the dark, honking rocker “2013” that preceded it. Stream the full track below. The album itself is due out May 13 in the U.K.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: Primal Scream, ‘2013’ — creepy clip for first single off upcoming ‘More Light’
- Video: Primal Scream, ‘Loaded’ and ‘Movin’ On Up’ from ‘Screamadelica Live’ CD/DVD
- Primal Scream to release ‘Screamadelica Live’ on DVD, Blu-ray in May
- Primal Scream taps Kevin Shields to remaster ‘Screamadelica’ for box set
- Primal Scream to perform ‘Screamadelica’ on 20th anniversary U.K., Australian tours
- Primal Scream to perform ‘Screamadelica’ live in London this November
what a load of steaming shite
Hit the nail on the head, Steven! If they can’t rekindle the spirit of XTRMNR (particularly Swastika Eyes) when the world really needs it, then just split up! No one needs a lazy, lame parody of Movin’ On Up, that’s for damn sure, unless they do to get their no doubt abysmal new album into Tescos!
I myself prefer the Vanishing Point/XTRMNR/Evil Heat phase of their sound. This seems to live up to its title and nothing more….
Neither alright nor OK! This is the worst side of Primal Scream. I’ve trying hard to forget that Riot City Blues ever existed… Hopefully not many tracks like this one in the new album, please?!!
Been there, done that–and so much better the first time. A definite step backwards. Glad Mani is a safe distance from this!