The Cult have been teasing fans the last couple days via social media that they will announce a new tour called “Electric 13” on Monday — a trek that presumably will find Ian Astbury and Billy Duffy revisiting their 1987 hard-rock turn Electric each night. While details remain under wraps, it appears the tour will hit the U.S. in August and the U.K. in October.
It seems PlanetRock.com jumped the gun and posted the tour’s U.K. dates; that post has since been removed, but the dates are below. Also, in the U.S., tickets already have gone on sale for one of the “Electric 13” shows: an Aug. 16 date at Hard Rock Live in Biloxi, Miss. The band’s also playing a previously announced Aug. 3 show at the Sturgis Buffalo Chip.
We’ll post full dates as they’re confirmed.
The Cult tour dates:
Aug. 3: Sturgis Buffalo Chip, Sturgis, SD
Aug. 16: Hard Rock Live, Biloxi, MS
UNITED KINGDOM (Unconfirmed)
Oct. 18: Great Hall, Cardiff, UK
Oct. 18: Great Hall, Exeter, UK
Oct. 20: Guildhall, Southampton, UK
Oct. 22: UEA, Norwich, UK
Oct. 23: Civil Hall, Wolverhampton, UK
Oct. 25: Academy, Manchester, UK
Oct. 26: Barrowlands, Glasgow, UK
Oct. 28: Rock City, Nottingham, UK
Oct. 29: O2 Academy, Liverpool, UK
Oct. 31: Roundhouse, London, UK
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: Johnny Marr and Billy Duffy tear up ‘I Fought the Law’ and ‘How Soon Is Now?’
- Video: The Cult, ‘Honey From a Knife’ — second single from ‘Choice of Weapon’ LP
- The Cult, The Mission, Killing Joke U.K. arena tour downsized for ‘more intimate experience’
- Video: The Cult performs ‘For the Animals,’ ‘Wildflower’ on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’
- Video: The Cult, ‘For the Animals’ — first single off upcoming ‘Choice of Weapon’