For this week’s “120 Minutes” Rewind, we present a series of clips of what host Dave Kendall announces as “the first-ever international edition of ‘120 Minutes,'” broadcast in August 1991 from England’s Reading Festival. As you can see from the footage below, Kendall chats up The Sisters of Mercy’s Andrew Eldritch and members of Sonic Youth, Nitzer Ebb and James.
Check it out (via dpallen):
120 Minutes: The Sisters of Mercy
120 Minutes: Sonic Youth
120 Minutes: Nitzer Ebb
120 Minutes: James
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- ‘120 Minutes’ Rewind: Guest host Bob Mould performs with Lou Barlow — 1994
- ‘120 Minutes’ Rewind: Kevin Seal hangs with Joe Strummer, Zodiac Mindwarp — 1988
- ‘120 Minutes’ Rewind: Alan Hunter puts New Order under the ‘120 X-Ray’ — 1986
- ‘120 Minutes’ Rewind: Soft Cell’s Marc Almond goes under the ’120 X-Ray’ — 1988
- ‘120 Minutes’ Rewind: Trent Reznor spends Christmas Eve with Dave Kendall — 1989
Still waiting on that record Andrew!
Is that Courtney Love in the background of the Sonic Youth video?
god she was annoying even before she was famous
Funny that Nirvana didn’t get much of a mention, but became the biggest band of all from this festival. And yes, Courtney was always a fame whore.
And where was that album again Mr. Eldritch?
I had tickets to that Sisters “meeting of the minds” tour that got cancelled. They were the only band on that list I cared about anyway. Honestly it was canceled for low ticket sales. How could that compete with the first Lollapalooza.