For this week’s “120 Minutes” Rewind, we flash back to 1990 — a better time for Siouxsie Sioux and her then-husband/drummer, Budgie, who, in addition to playing in the Banshees, together formed side project The Creatures. This 8-minute clip (via mrbriefcaseMUSIC) features the duo being interviewed by “120 Minutes” host Dave Kendall following the release of the band’s Boomerang album, and includes discussion of Budgie’s third nipple. Among other things.
Check it out below:
The Creatures on “120 Minutes,” 1990
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- ‘120 Minutes’ Rewind: Depeche Mode meets MTV contest winner in London — 1991
- ‘120 Minutes’ Rewind: The Psychedelic Furs submit to the ‘120 X-Ray’ — 1989
- ‘120 Minutes’ Rewind: Killing Joke’s Jaz Coleman testifies under the ‘120 X-Ray’ — 1989
- ‘120 Minutes’ Rewind: The Sisters of Mercy, Sonic Youth, Nitzer Ebb at Reading — 1991
- ‘120 Minutes’ Rewind: Guest host Bob Mould performs with Lou Barlow — 1994
This was probably their best time as a duo in The Creatures and as a couple, just before their marriage. BOOMERANG was such a stellar musical experience. So sad that this great couple is no more, even more sad, the musical partnership is dissolved as well. What happened? And they still have unreleased material from 2001-2005 still sitting in their vault. I hope that the material gets released either on a future Box Set of The Creatures discography, or is featured on Siouxsie’s next LP to be released in 2013/14. This pair made some truly exotic, quality, memorable music together.