It’s not quite as satisfying as watching him school an interviewer on how to play “Love Will Tear Us Apart,” but bassist Peter Hook has just posted a new video in which he demonstrates how to play “Ceremony,” the song that famously morphed from one of Joy Division’s last compositions to New Order’s first single following Ian Curtis’ suicide.
As you can see below, Hook works his way through the song on an unplugged bass, demonstrating just how it’s done. Plus, if you stick around to the end, you’ll get a brief tutorial on “She’s Lost Control” as well.
Hook returns to the U.S. next month for an 11-date tour on which he’ll perform New Order’s first two albums, 1981′s Movement and 1983′s Power, Corruptions & Lies, in their entirety each night.
‘Learn New Order’s “Ceremony” with Peter Hook… ‘
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Peter Hook adds Detroit, Austin dates to North American ‘New Order’ tour
- Peter Hook to play New Order’s ‘Movement,’ ‘Power, Corruption & Lies’ on U.S. tour
- Video: New Order plays ‘Bizarre Love Triangle,’ ‘I’ll Stay With You’ on Kimmel
- New Order announces U.S. tour in July leading up to Lollapalooza appearance
- Video: New Order play ‘Perfect Kiss,’ ‘Crystal’ at Coachella — via official webcast