Photo via Alien Jourgensen Facebook page
On Friday, Ministry debuted the music video for new single “PermaWar,” and while bandleader Al Jourgensen gave the clip a cursory plug on his recently launched Facebook page, he was preoccupied with something far more pressing: a “Caddyshack”-like battle against the “thug gang of asshole raccoons” that overtook his El Paso, Texas, compound.
Thankfully for us, Jourgensen chronicled his campaign against the varmints on his aforementioned Facebook page, offering a blow-by-blow account of his decision to deploy first a cayenne-pepper “bomb” and then unleash dry ice, mothballs and black pepper in an attempt to smoke the raccoons out (he did note, right up front, that, “I don’t want to poison or shoot them I just want them the fuck off my property”).
Perhaps most amusing were his repeated digs at The Cure’s frontman Robert Smith, first writing of raccoons, “They are just over glorified fat rats with eyeliner (hmmmm, kinda sounds like Robert smith of the Cure to me)” in his first update on the growing crisis last Wednesday.
Then, after declaring Saturday that the “cayenne attack” he’d unleashed on Friday had worked, Jourgensen concluded: “If they don’t come back again today I’ll buy some sort of hazmat suit and pick up their droppings. I wonder if Roberts smiths tour mgr. has to do this.”
Read the full account of how Uncle Al spent his weekend below:
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: Ministry, ‘PermaWar’ — first single off farewell album ‘From Beer to Eternity’
- Al Jourgensen ends Ministry (again) with final album ‘From Beer to Eternity,’ autobiography
- Wax Trax! Records documentary to chronicle ‘rise and fall’ of legendary record label
- Mike Scaccia, 1965-2012: Ministry, RevCo guitarist dies after on-stage collapse
- Vintage Video: Ministry’s ‘In Case You Didn’t Feel Like Showing Up’ 1990 live set
- Ministry’s Al Jourgensen collapses on stage in Paris: ‘The shit hit the fan for me last night’
- Ministry’s ‘With Sympathy’ expanded reissue finally due to be released?