After an unintended hiatus of a couples weeks, we’re back with “120 Minutes” Rewind, this time bringing you one of John Lydon’s many infamous appearances on the program. Here’s 9 minutes of footage from a 1987 spot on “120 Minutes,” as the Public Image Ltd. frontman’s wry personality comes into sharp contrast with Kevin Seal’s absurdist take on hosting.
Check it out below via TheUtuber999:
Public Image Ltd. on “120 Minutes,” 1987
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- ‘120 Minutes’ Rewind: Camper Van Beethoven goes under the ‘120 X-Ray’ — 1988
- ‘120 Minutes’ Rewind: MTV Europe checks in with The Jesus and Mary Chain — 1992
- ‘120 Minutes’ Rewind: Paul Weller and The Style Council go under the ‘120 X-Ray’ — 1988
- ‘120 Minutes’ Rewind: Cocteau Twins’ Robin Guthrie in first U.S. TV interview — 1994
- ‘120 Minutes’ Rewind: Siouxsie Sioux and Budgie of The Creatures — 1990
This is why i love Johnny Lydon. :)
This should remain “lost”. It isn’t funny, clever or much of anything else but annoying.
I met him once and he insulted me. I thought that was cool.
Say what you will about Lydon, but you have to give him credit for speaking his mind. “…the amount of time you’ve given me is sparse… and the questions have been pretty damn dismal.”
This video exemplifies everything I used to hate about that dork Kevin Seal and that poser show 120minutes.
He was only responding to the material he was given
Haha. I remember this. Excellent. I don’t know why some people are getting worked up about it. It’s clearly a work. Kevin and John are just feeding off one another to create quite a few funny segments. Great stuff.