Photo via doorsixteen on Instagram
Well, it happened again: One-half of The Smiths reunited on stage in New York on Saturday night for the second time this year, as bassist Andy Rourke showed up toward the end of Johnny Marr’s gig at Webster Hall to once again perform their former band’s classic “How Soon Is Now?” and, this time, “Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want” as well.
The two, who were childhood friends, last performed together in Brooklyn this past May during the first American leg of Marr’s tour in support of new solo album The Messenger.
Below, check out initial video of the duo’s performance.
Johnny Marr and Andy Rourke, “How Soon Is Now?” (via aldovernal)
Johnny Marr and Andy Rourke, “Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want” (via aldovernal)
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: Johnny Marr plays gorgeous ‘Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want’ on Fallon
- Video: Johnny Marr gets ‘The Right Thing Right’ during visit to ‘Conan’
- Johnny Marr returning to the U.S. for 18-date fall tour in support of ‘The Messenger’
- Electronic reunion: Bernard Sumner joins Johnny Marr to play ‘Getting Away With It’
- Video: The Smiths’ Johnny Marr, Andy Rourke reunite on ‘How Soon Is Now?’ in Brooklyn
Really, the music is great, but the words here are the most powerful weapon sound. So the real voice that wrote them is missing on that stage.
God, I hope Morrissey never gets involved… He would ruin it.
Wow! Sounds great!