Originally due out last October, “Barbed Wire Kisses” — a 272-page biography of The Jesus and Mary Chain by music journalist and author Zoë Howe — is now set to be published in the U.S. and U.K. on May 19, but the paperback will be available a full month early to U.K. fans who hit participating independent music retailers on Record Store Day.
The biography by Howe, whose credits include official Slits biography “Typical Girls?” and co-writing Dr. Feelgood guitarist Wilko Johnson’s memoir “Looking Back at Me,” promises to reveal the “fierce, frank and funny tale of the Jesus and Mary Chain, told by the band members and their associates for the first time.” The publisher says, “It is time this vastly influential group and sometime ‘public enemy’ had their say.”
In the U.K., though, “Barbed Wire Kisses: The Jesus and Mary Chain Story” will be available in limited numbers at shops participating in Record Store Day on April 19.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The Jesus and Mary Chain to play Brazil’s Cultura Inglesa Festival in May
- The Jesus and May Chain reveal fan-selected rarities compilation for 11LP vinyl box set
- The Jesus and Mary Chain’s 11LP ‘Complete Vinyl Collection’ to feature live album, rarities
- ‘120 Minutes’ Rewind: MTV Europe checks in with The Jesus and Mary Chain — 1992
- ‘Barbed Wire Kisses’: New Jesus and Mary Chain biography due next year