We re-christen the long-dormant Vintage Video series with this fantastic pro-shot footage of Gang of Four performing a taut, 22-minute set at the Music Biennale Zagreb festival in Zagreb, Croatia, on May 15, 1981. The performance comes a couple months after the release of the classic post-punk act’s sophomore album, Solid Gold, and mixes material from that record and the band’s seminal 1979 debut Entertainment!
Check out the performance below via Strazarni Lopov,
Setlist: Gang of Four, Music Biennale Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia, 5/17/81
2. “Not Great Men”
3. “Return the Gift”
4. “What We All Want”
5. “Natural’s Not In It”
6. “Damaged Goods”
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Andy Gill debuts new song, album plans as Gang of Four moves on without Jon King
- Video: Gang of Four, ‘It Was Never Gonna Turn Out Too Good,’ off 2011′s ‘Content’
- Video: Watch Gang of Four’s 40-minute live set recorded for KCRW
- Download free Gang of Four EP, featuring new version of ‘Glass’
- Gang of Four releasing ‘Content’ in January with vials of band members’ blood
No, they were performing in Zagreb, Yugoslavia before the West dismantled it.
This vid is pretty damn awesome. Love Gof4!
Looks like possible that same tour from the footage in URGH! A Music War movie.