Released last October as part of a 64-page album/book combo, Throwing Muses’ first new album in a decade — the 32-track Purgatory/Paradise — will be issued next month on both double LP and cassette by HHBTM Records, the label announced this morning.
The Muses — Kristin Hersh, Dave Narcizo and bassist Bernie Georges — began work on the record in early 2010, with Hersh posting demos online and soliciting funding for the project through the CASH Music platform she co-founded.
In January 2011, Hersh announced that initial recording sessions had been completed.
The album/book was published last Oct. 29, nearly a year after Hersh announced that she had “just finished writing the book that is the Throwing Muses’ new record.”
Now comes vinyl and cassette releases, set to arrive in stores almost exactly a year later, on Oct. 28. The double LP comes in a “super thick gatefold dual pocket Tip-On sleeve” with a fold-out, full-color insert and a download card. Both the cassette and LP releases can be purchased in deluxe editions that come with a canvas totebag and set of buttons.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Throwing Muses announce handful of U.S. dates — including 2 with Tanya Donelly
- Throwing Muses return with album/book ‘Purgatory/Paradise’ — hear 2 new songs
- Kristin Hersh announces completion of first new Throwing Muses album in a decade
- Video: Throwing Muses, ‘Bright Yellow Gun’ — filmed live in U.K. during ‘Anthology’ tour
- Throwing Muses announce European tour in support of new ‘Anthology’ best-of