Sure, he’s got that Ride reunion to deal with, but that’s not the only thing on Mark Gardener’s plate these days: The frontman for the reunited shoegaze legends this weekend announced that his long-in-the-works album with Cocteau Twins guitarist Robin Guthrie is titled Universal Road and finally will see the light of day this March.
Gardener tweeted that announcement on Saturday, offering no further information as to specific release date or tracklist. Guthrie’s website, in a post from last fall, indicates he had “concluded mixing Universal Road with Mark Gardener for 2015 release.”
New @robinguthrie / @MarkGardener album “Universal Road” will be released in March 2015 ! X
— Mark Gardener (@MarkGardener) January 17, 2015
Gardener previously had announced that album was to be released last September.
The duo previously released a 2012 single called “The Places We Go,” which you can revisit below.
UPDATE 2/3/15: Darla Records has begun taking pre-orders on Universal Road, which will be released March 24. The label also has revealed the tracklist (it doesn’t include “The Places We Go”) and album art, both of which you can see below.
Tracklist: Robin Guthrie and Mark Gardener, Universal Road
1. “Universal Road”
4. “Old Friend”
5. “Yesterday’s News”
6. “Cry for Survival”
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Cocteau Twins’ Robin Guthrie and Ride’s Mark Gardener to release album in September
- ‘120 Minutes’ Rewind: Cocteau Twins’ Robin Guthrie in first U.S. TV interview — 1994
- Ride’s Mark Gardener, Cocteau Twins’ Robin Guthrie releasing ‘The Places We Go’ single
- Ride’s 20th anniversary reissue of ‘Going Blank Again’ to feature 1992 concert on DVD
- Video: Dead Can Dance’s Brendan Perry, Cocteau Twins’ Robin Guthrie play KEXP
Have been waiting a long time for this album.
Nice. Please tell me that Ride will add an LA date between weekends at Coachella? After seeing Slowdive last year, I need to see Ride before I die.
Yes! Keep the music coming, Mr. Guthrie!