It’s week three of the roll-out of unreleased live versions of songs off The Smiths’ The Queen is Dead, which means it’s time for “I Know It’s Over.” So here’s a nearly 8-minute version of the fan favorite recorded Aug. 25, 1986, at the Universal Amphitheatre in Los Angeles.
This follow’s last week’s unreleased live version of “Frankly Mr. Shankly” from the band’s concert at the Performing Arts Center in Milwaukee, Wisc., on Aug. 16, 1986, and, the week before that, the release of a live version of the album’s title track recorded Aug. 28, 1986, in Irvine, Calif.
None of these newly unearthed live versions will appear on the 3CD/1DVD reissue of The Queen is Dead, which includes a live album recorded in Boston. The new weekly live tracks are available on streaming and for purchase as digital downloads. The Queen is Dead reissue is due out Oct. 20 (here’s the full tracklist).
Below, hear the new live version of “I Know It’s Over.”
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Listen: The Smiths, ‘Frankly Mr. Shankly’ — unreleased live take from Milwaukee 1986
- Listen: The Smiths, ‘The Queen is Dead’ — previously unreleased live recording
- The Smiths’ ‘The Queen is Dead’ 3CD/1DVD reissue to include unreleased 1986 live album
- Listen: The Smiths debut unreleased ‘There Is A Light That Never Goes Out’ (Take 1)
- The Smiths’ ‘The Queen is Dead’ expected to receive expanded 2CD/1DVD reissue this fall