Pioneering British synthpop outfit Heaven 17 has long been more of a studio entity than a live vehicle. The group, which formed in 1980, didn’t perform live until 1997. And now, 36 years after the release of their debut Penthouse and Pavement, Martyn Ware and Glenn Gregory finally will bring H17 to America for a pair of long-awaited concerts next month.
The group will perform a headlining concert Sept. 27 at the Highline Ballroom in New York City, followed by a slot at the Music Tastes Good Festival in Long Beach, Calif., on Sept. 30.
It’s not known whether any more U.S. dates are in store, though the group will be embarking on a 7-date tour of the U.K. in November and December with Blancmange.
See Heaven 17’s tour dates below.
US based H17 fans help to spread the word about NYC 28 Sept and Long Beach 30 Sept – our first ever stateside H17 shows in 35 years!!!
— martynware (@martynware) August 14, 2017
Heaven 17 tour dates:
Sept. 27: Highline Ballroom, New York City, NY, USA
Sept. 30: Music Tastes Good Festival, Long Beach, CA, USA
Nov. 10: Foundry, Sheffield, UK
Nov. 11: Hangar 34, Liverpool, UK
Nov. 17: Welly, Hull, UK
Nov. 18: Academy 2, Manchester, UK
Nov. 24: The Copper Rooms, Coventry, UK
Nov. 25: Waterfront, Norwich, UK
Dec. 2: ULU, London, UK *
* Heaven 17 only
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Free MP3s: Heaven 17 releases free ‘Rarities 2011’ EP with 3 acoustic, live tracks
- Heaven 17 to perform ‘Luxury Gap’ at 2-day B.E.F. fest with Andy Bell, Boy George
- Heaven 17 details ‘Penthouse and Pavement’ 2CD/1DVD reissue, announces live DVD
- Q&A: Heaven 17’s Martyn Ware on ‘Penthouse and Pavement’ tour, box set reissue
- Heaven 17 preps ‘Penthouse and Pavement’ box set with newly discovered demos