The BBC has announced that Morrissey will kick off its 6 Music Live week in October, a series of live-on-the-air performances at the British broadcaster’s Maida Vale studios that also will feature Mogwai, alt-J, Loyle Carner and Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant.
The sessions will take place during Lauren Lavern’s midday show on 6 Music, and begin Oct. 2 with Morrissey — his first BBC session since a 2011 visit during which he debuted three songs (“Action Is My Middle Name,” “The Kid’s a Looker” and “People Are the Same Everywhere”) he still hasn’t released.
Fans can apply for tickets to witness Morrissey’s performance online through Sept. 11.
The session comes just over a month before Morrissey releases his 11th solo album, Low in High-School. The new album is due out Nov. 17. The only other performances Morrissey so far has announced are a pair of concerts on Nov. 10 and 11 at the Hollywood Bowl with opener Billy Idol.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Hollywood Bowl exit on Los Angeles’ 101 freeway hit with guerrilla Morrissey promotion
- Morrissey announces new album ‘Low in High-School,’ plus Hollywood Bowl concert
- The Smiths’ ‘The Queen is Dead’ 3CD/1DVD reissue to include unreleased 1986 live album
- Watch: Jack Lowden is Morrissey in first trailer for upcoming ‘England is Mine’ biopic
- The absolute best of The Smiths: All 70 songs ranked by Slicing Up Eyeballs’ readers