The Dream Syndicate this Friday will release its first new album in near 30 years, the eight-song How Did I Find Myself Here? And as the big release date approaches, the band this week debuted a new music video for the album’s opener, “Filter Me Through You.”
Steve Wynn first reconvened The Dream Syndicate in 2010 for a series of live shows, enlisting original drummer Dennis Duck, bassist Mark Walton (who originally joined the group after 1984’s Medicine Show) and guitarist Jason Victor, who plays in Wynn’s band, The Miracle 3.
After playing sporadic concerts over the ensuing years, The Dream Syndicate recorded its follow-up to 1988’s Ghost Stories last year. The record, due out Friday on ANTI-, closes with “Kendra’s Song,” which features a guest vocal by original bassist Kendra Smith.
Watch the new video below.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The Dream Syndicate debuts new song ‘Glide,’ announces December tour of U.S.
- Listen: The Dream Syndicate debuts 11-minute title track to ‘How Did I Find Myself Here?’
- Q&A: Steve Wynn on The Dream Syndicate’s first new album in nearly 30 years
- Dream Syndicate puts vinyl release of 1988 live set up to a vote via Run Out Groove
- Dream Syndicate’s 1st new album in 29 years to feature Kendra Smith singing ‘perfect coda’