Matt Johnson continues to slowly expand the much-anticipated live return of The The next year, today announcing the group will headline Festival No. 6 in Portmeirion, a booking that’s being billed as the band’s only confirmed U.K. date outside London.
Johnson last month announced plans to release a 3-disc box set and mount the first The The concerts in 16 years, first unveiling performances in Denmark and London in 2018, then, when that London performance quickly sold out, adding two more concerts in that city.
Now The The has been announced as the headliner of Festival No. 6 in September, with tickets going on sale Oct. 26. It’s not yet known how many more The The performances are planned for 2018.
The The tour dates:
June 1: Heartland Festival, Egeskov Castle, Denmark
June 5: Royal Albert Hall, London, UK
June 6: Brixton Academy, London, UK
June 7: Troxy, London, UK
Sept. 6-9: Festival No. 6, Portmeirion, UK
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The The announces new 3-disc ‘Radio Cineola Trilogy’ box set, first concerts in 16 years
- The The re-presses sold-out ‘We Can’t Stop What’s Coming’ 7-inch on white vinyl
- Watch: The The’s emotional new music video for ‘We Can’t Stop What’s Coming’
- Listen: The The, ‘We Can’t Stop What’s Coming’ — first new single in 10 years
- ‘120 Minutes’ Rewind: The The’s Matt Johnson earns an MTV disclaimer while hosting in 1986
- The The re-enlists Johnny Marr on first new single in 10 years for Record Store Day