The The’s highly anticipated 2018 return continues to grow, with the announcement this week that Matt Johnson and Co. will perform at the Iveagh Gardens in Dublin, Ireland, on July 7 — following a previously announced festival date in Denmark and three London dates in June.
Tickets for the Dublin date go on sale 9 a.m. Dec. 7 via Ticketmaster.
The concerts will be The The’s first in 16 years, and follow the release this year of both a brand-new single, “We Can’t Stop What’s Coming,” featuring Johnny Marr and a three-disc box set chronicling Johnson’s 12-hour radio broadcast a few years back. Johnson had said in 2015 that he was working on a “proper” new The The record, though it’s not clear if that’s still in the works.
See The The’s reunion dates below.
The The tour dates:
June 1: Heartland Festival, Egeskov Castle, Denmark
June 5: Royal Albert Hall, London, UK
June 6: Brixton Academy, London, UK
June 7: Troxy, London, UK
July 7: Iveagh Gardens, Dublin, Ireland
Sept. 6-9: Festival No. 6, Portmeirion, UK
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The The announces new 3-disc ‘Radio Cineola Trilogy’ box set, first concerts in 16 years
- The The re-presses sold-out ‘We Can’t Stop What’s Coming’ 7-inch on white vinyl
- Watch: The The’s emotional new music video for ‘We Can’t Stop What’s Coming’
- Listen: The The, ‘We Can’t Stop What’s Coming’ — first new single in 10 years
- ‘120 Minutes’ Rewind: The The’s Matt Johnson earns an MTV disclaimer while hosting in 1986
- The The re-enlists Johnny Marr on first new single in 10 years for Record Store Day
I’d sure love to see them tour the USA and/or Canada. Never got to see them “back on the day.” Also, I’d love to see sone of that old unreleased stuff make an appearance. Sounds like he’s sitting on a whole load of gold!
They had some funky songs, I discovered this band like 10 years after they were big, too bad. I still enjoy Johny Marr working his magic
Are you going to play in Belgeade or somwere near?