The House of Love will celebrate the 30th anniversary of its self-titled debut album — 1988’s The House of Love, not to be confused with 1987 compilation The House of Love or 1990 sophomore set The House of Love — by performing the classic album in full this November in London.
The concert is set for Nov. 10 at The Roundhouse, and tickets are now on sale via Ticketweb.
The current lineup of The House of Love features founding members Guy Chadwick, Terry Bickers and Pete Evans, along with bassist Matt Jury, who joined the group when it first reunited in 2003.
The band’s 1988 debut on Creation Records includes the single “Christine,” the only song on the album to feature by then departed original member Andrea Heukamp. The album was reissued a few years ago in an expanded 3CD deluxe edition with demos and outtakes.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The House of Love announces spring U.K. tour, previews 2 tracks off new album
- The House of Love reveals title, artwork for ‘She Paints Words in Red’ — due in spring 2013
- The House of Love announces completion of new studio album — first in 7 years
- The House of Love’s Creation Records debut to be reissued in 3CD set with demos, rarities
- Video: The House of Love makes first live appearance in 4 years at Poland’s Off Festival
They need to bring this to the states. LA, NY, CHI and Seattle/Portland!!!
This is a fantastic album.